Easy operation and operator comfort
- Three frequencies (2,500vpm 3,000vpm and 4,000vpm) with dual amplitude
vibration settings make the SW800, SW850 and SW900 very versatile
rollers, applicable to asphalt pavement as well as base course.
- The 4,000vpm high frequency setting is especially effective for
Superpave compaction. With this high frequency mode, the compaction
work is sped up and a smoother surface is achieved due to closer impact
- Large diameter drums keep the pavement surface smooth and avoid
- The directions of vibrator's rotation are arranged so that all effective
compaction force is applied to the ground and uncomfortable vibration
does not reach the operator station.
- Drive motors and vibration motors are cross-mounted between front
and rear drums. This design balances the SW800, SW850 and SW900 not
only front and rear,but also right and left. This feature keeps the
machines rolling straight even at very slow speeds.
- The 180 degree rotating MPOS (multi-position operator station) provides
all around visibility as well as a view of drum edges regardless of
the direction of travel. The rotation of the operator station is smooth
and effortless. The instrument panel is always located in front of
the operator so that the monitoring of gauges and instruments is very
- Like SAKAI's other vibratory rollers, the SW800, SW850 and SW900
employ a patented,unique vibration isolation system that offers the
best riding comfort and a longer service life for its rubber isolators.
- The pressurized and fully corrosion-proof water sprinkler system
includes two large capacity polyethylene tanks which have a large
filler opening, stainless pipes and quick-mount type brass spray nozzles
along with a triple filtering system. This system includes an emergency
back up when a water pump fails or one tank becomes empty. The wind
protection cover for each spray bar keeps drums constantly wet even
on windy days. This protective guard is provided for each tank.
High safety standards
- The engine and hydraulic components are protected in a fully enclosed compartment with wide service doors. In addition, these components are accessible from the ground.
- The hydraulic system includes centralized pressure gauge ports.
- Quick-mount water spray nozzles can be mounted or dismounted without tools. They are made of brass, giving them unsurpassed durability.
- A large ball bearing and taper bearings are employed in the center-pin
mechanism to prolong the service life and lubrication intervals.
- The low center of gravity design assures stable drive even over
rough surfaces and 1m-1m visibility are standard features of the SW800,
SW850 and SW900.
- In addition to a hydrostatic primary brake system and spring-applied,
hydraulically released (SAHR) secondary brake, a foot brake is provided
for emergency stops.
- Standard equipment includes instruments, gauges, spring-loaded outer and inner scrapers, head lamps, working lamps, back-up alarm and horn.
- SAKAI recomends ROPS (Roll-over protective structures) and ROPS is standard in North America.